Friday, March 8, 2013

Design Day Friday: The Emerald City

Disney's Oz The Great And Powerful
No, that is not
 Michelle Williams, it's me!
In tribute to one of my favorite movies of all time, "The Wizard of Oz", I am dedicating today's design board to Disney's "Oz the Great and Powerful."  The movie which is released today, is near and dear to my heart. The reason...I was Glinda, the good witch! Well, not in the Disney version, but in my high school musical. I'm sure you recall the stellar performance? (Really, I just loved wearing pink, glitter, a crown and carrying a wand. Not much has changed). When I started researching for inspiration, I found out that I am not the only one with a wicked love for The Wizard of Oz. I don't think that it is any co-ink-a-dink that the color of the year for 2013 is Emerald Green. It is a rich, luxurious color that still evokes the beauty of nature and honestly looks good on anyone or with a variety of accent colors. You can interpret the Oz like feel in your wardrobe or home in a some very creative ways. Here is my Ode to Oz:
O.P.I. nail color in shades like "When Monkey's Fly" and "Which is Witch?"

Pouf  or "Poof" if you are
casting a spell.
Worldmarket.com
Sling Shot Monkey! He can fly and
even lets out two loud monkey
 calls when you launch him.
Officeplayground.com
Its not a yellow brick road, but how
about a glass tile back-splash? So happy.
Modwalls.com
Mini Hot Air Balloon
BelleandJune.com
Look the part with makeup
collections inspired by Glinda and
Theodora.  Ubandecay.com
I just couldn't skimp on the ruby slippers!
Christian Louboutin  NiemanMarcus.com
Oz collection of dog collars available
Swarovski studded
in Pink, Emerald, Black and Ruby
urbanpup.com
Dress like a wizard.
Merino wool vest
rag and bone
Nordstrom.com
If this wasn't enough to make you want to skip arm-in-arm, HSN has launched an entire collection for each witch! They have curated from their designers to find items that represent each member of the family trio. Here are my top picks:

Evanora

Heidi Daus Ring
Naeem Khan Feather Skirt
Glinda
American Glamour
Badgley Mischka
Peasant Dress
RAVEN Flapper Bag


Theodora
Scentaments Diffuser
Dark Amber and Lily
Jean Dousset
Feather Bypass Bracelet
"There is no place like home." You knew that was comin' Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment