Friday, January 11, 2013

Controlling The Clutter: Ear-Buddies!


One of my biggest challenges is from one of the smallest items in my house. Earbuds  They just don't stay put. Its like they have "Cirque du Soleil" powers and contort into a hot mess no matter where I stash them. Thanks to Pinterest and Google, I set out to find some ideas to contain these little circus performers.  One of the most original I found was this retro styled (of course, I love all things retro inspired) thread spool by Fred and Friends®.  It retails for about $8.00, which can add up if you have as many earbuds floating around as we do. With some ambition you can make them yourself. It is pretty easy and only requires a few tools, but you will need to hunt down some good old fashioned wooden spools. However, I think there is an adaptation out there that can be done using new fangled plastic or styrofoam spools, but I haven't attempted it yet. You must tell me if you try it out! Here is a good tutorial on how to make your earbud holder. Click the link below the photo.



Not a DIY-er but still want a way to control the pile of spaghetti?  I found a couple ideas that are super fast, cheap and effective.  A bonus is that these are more kid friendly, especially if things go into the backpack never to return again. You aren't out any time or money. 

Courtesy of natalme

Find somewhere else to store that mix tape that your hubs made for you back in college. This is an awesome idea! For those of you that have never owned one of these or, gulp, don't know what it is...I have another option. 

Courtesy of iheartorganizing

This is made from a small travel size Q-tip® holder. I love the addition of a little sticker. You could embellish either option with endless possibilities. In our house we always confuse our earbuds so adding a personal touch to the case will keep them in order. You can bling them out or man them up with a team logo.  Moms, add an initial sticker on each case and no more who's who? You could even make this a rainy day project and let the kiddos decorate their own.  Which ever route you take, be creative and make it uniquely your own. Feel free to share your creations here! Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment