Saturday, January 12, 2013

Living In The Pages Of A Magazine: Mountain Home Cozy


Southern Living® Idea House

Ever flip through the pages of a magazine and wish you could get the same look in your space?  It can be done and it doesn't have to be an exact replica to get similar style.  This cozy gathering area featured in Southern Living is an example of good use of neutrals with a pop of color. The neutrals don't feel blah because there is lots of varied texture and red is always a grand slam to make a room fun. I like rooms that are realistic and you would actually live in. The elements of this space are comfortable and practical making  it my pick to try and replicate for you! I put together my finds to give you the same look at a reasonable price point.

The color palette for this room is a blend of creams and linen grays with just enough red to make it interesting.  The red in this room is a pink-i-er hue not a deep blue-y red. If you don't have a built-in, no problem. Create the effect of the accent wall using  a chest, bookcase, even an old armoire or hutch painted in "geranium." Add in the picks I selected below and you can crawl into the pages of this layout and enjoy! 

                                                                                    


jcp.com  $70 set of 2
jcp.com Metal Urn Lamp $65
potterybarn.com Ariana Suzani Pillow $59.50
pier1.com Rita Tufted Chair $399.98
ballarddesigns.com George Table $259
jcp.com Palmero Coffee Table $375
ballarddesigns.com Seagrass Rug 8x10 $249 
Gotta pic you'd like me to try and replicate? Email me and I'll see what I can hunt up for you! Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment