Saturday, January 5, 2013

Couponing For Mere Mortals



It can be done. You can coupon. You will not have to turn your guest bedroom into a stock room, you do not have to resort to the dooms day prepper lifestyle and you are not required to wear mom jeans or even be a mom. Really, there is no reason not to coupon unless you are Warren Buffet and I think he (or his people) clips. I get it, you can barely get to the grocery store let alone find time to pour over weekly circulars. I've been there. Especially when I was single. I was a hunt and peck shopper. I went to the store and grabbed what I needed at that moment and paid whatever without thinking about it. This wasn't because I was making bank. The opposite was true. I was pinching pennies so hard, old Abe had a headache. It was a habit, and a bad one. It seemed overwhelming to plan and clip and run from store to store until I learned that it is pretty easy. Now, don't get me wrong you can take this as far as you want. For realistic purposes, I am going to give you my best tip for at least saving something, which is more than you are saving now, and its a good way to feel your way around the process. First thing, if you do nothing else, get a rewards card for the places you shop. Ok, now that you have done that, what a lot of people don't know is that you can load manufacturer coupons directly onto the card! Guys,especially, like this feature because you can load and forget it. Most larger chains offer this option to their customers. Here's the baby steps of digital couponing: 1. Sign up for your rewards card. 2. Register your rewards card online with the grocery chain. 3. Click on the digital coupons tab. 4. Select and  load your coupons onto the card. Done! Each week go back and load more coupons. Next time you go to that store any items you purchase that have corresponding coupons on your card will automatically deduct at the register. Yep. Cool. I know. You thought you had to stand there while everyone behind you glared at you for handing the cashier a stack of coupons as thick as War and Peace. Nope, its quick and discreet. All right friends, its time to load 'em up and move 'em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment